Tuesday, June 10, 2014

It Keeps Getting Better and Better


From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Date: June 9, 2014 at 8:18:49 PM MDT


It just keeps getting better and better. We had one of the best weeks last week of my mission. I can't really think of one to top it but just to play it safe I won't say THE best. We were so busy.

This week our miracle was the Book of Mormon. We wanted our investigators to gain a testimony of it. We emphasized it to them in our teaching. I guess the spirit grabbed them and shook them because when we came over next they were sitting reading it. The two oldest girls in the family are up to Jacob!! They had read a few pages here and there but they it was like an explosion! We asked them how they felt. They both noticed that when they read it, things go better in their day... sounds familiar! It was amazing to see their testimony grow.

Then yesterday they brought their friends along to our branch activity. Their mum came and really clicked well with the branch. Then when we taught them last night she was really surprised when we told her she had met everyone in our church. She thought we had this big massive church and was intimidated but now she feels a desire to go. Please oh please let the desire work in you!!

Writing letters is a good time of reflection... It makes me excited. Last night we were lying in our beds talking about how it felt like we had P-day the day before. #missiontimewarp So I'm supposed to report on my family to the mission president and I'm really at a loss for what to say because I don't really know what ya'll are doing. I don't need a lot but just a few lines so I know what your name is, your job, where you live, and your goals for before I see you again.

Last night we taught about the sabbath day. Our investigator brought up how it's a time for family. I shared about how much I loved sunday dinner when Sam and Ash would come over and the out-of-cachevalley-ites and we could spend time to together. I have the best family!

Yesterday we played "touch footy" (Rugby) in white shirts and ties for our branch activity. We planned the activity specifically for our P-day so we could play and then our P-day got moved. So I was stepping on everyone in my dress shoes. Touch Rugby is the best. I could've really gotten into competitive touch if I'd grown up with it. Each time you have the ball you get the same feeling you get in soccer as a center midfielder. You are the distributor. And when you don't have it you feel like a forward looking for the position, time and the gap to break through and score. What a great game!

I've seen some elders with this keyboard journal thing. It is a keybord with a small screen almost like a elongated calculator screen. That is what I would like. I feel like I would write a lot more because I usually pretty tired at night. But you write every day and then on P-day you take it to a computer and plug it into the USB and you can take all your journal entries and send them home. That's the only thing I can think of that I would like. Don't worry about candy. We are good on food unless you can send me a Large Hot'N'Ready pizza still warm or some freshly cooked mexican food from el toro viejo.

Love yous heaps!

Elder Weiss

No comments:

Post a Comment