Sunday, June 22, 2014

Goal: Find the Gold!

From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Date: June 22, 2014 at 7:50:57 PM MDT


Dear People,

Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ… that ye may be filled with the Holy Ghost! (Acts 2:38)

Sincerely, Elder Weiss

OK, so we've got trouble right here in river city! One of our investigators preparing for baptism this Saturday missed church. Her sister said she was sick. But we are a bit apprehensive about the situation because she missed church the week before as well. It makes us wonder if she is ready yet. Tonight we are going to have a lesson guided by the spirit to assess where she's at and if we should go through with it. If we have to push the baptism back there is a chance I might get transfered!!! GAH the suspense is killing me!!

My companion and I are absolutely laying waste to everything in our path! Just kidding. But we are tracting heaps. I never wanted to be good at tracting because I thought it was ineffective… well, I think I was right but you've gotta start somewhere!!

We are doing heaps of finding! We need people to teach! Our teaching pool is becoming a teaching puddle. Satan did a cannon ball and splashed out heaps of water. I hope he's still sore from hitting the bottom of the pool.

Tonight we are going on trade-offs out to Dubbo (my older area). My presence will grace the Dub-stomp at least one last time!! Should be fun. The Peruvian lady we started teaching up there was still being taught by the missionaries but she just went to peru for 6 weeks on vacation but they sent where she's staying to the missionaries in Peru so maybe she'll come back a recent convert!!

Cant really think of too much that happened this week... Lot's of finding!! yay! Nothing happens 'till you find people. I've realized that my teaching doesn't really affect baptisms as does my finding. It doesn't matter how good of a teacher you are unless you can find them that will receive you. So that's our goal! FIND THE GOLD!!!

Ok, love you heaps!

Elder Weiss

No comments:

Post a Comment