Thursday, June 5, 2014

Get out of the way and be His instrument

From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Date: June 2, 2014 at 8:59:55 PM MDT


Our area is the best it's ever been. We have two dates for the 21st (June) and they are keeping commitments. We hope it all becomes clear to them by then so they can be baptized. It's a single mum with four daughters and a son living with her. Their dad passed away in the last year and they have really been turning to God. We taught the plan of Salvation this week and committed them to be baptized on the 21st. The oldest daughters accepted and the rest aren't quite ready yet. We taught them about the spirit world and missionary work going on there. We told them that they are setting an example for their dad in the spirit world of accepting the gospel. They were listening very carefully and I believe they saw how the reality of the gospel can change everything for them. It reminded me of my ten brothers and sisters and my amazing parents.

My companion is great. Our personalities are so opposite it can be a roller coaster at times. But I know by the power of the atonement I can be made more humble and love him how I should.

I know that this is the Lord’s Work. And that means I don't understand how it works. I trust that he knows what He's doing and I can go out and whatever happens trust it's for the best. I have learned, however, that as I give all my heart and He changes me to become HIS missionary and do it HIS way He will send success. Not because I have any qualification of my own, but because I am willing to get out of the way and be His instrument so He can do it his way.

The Lord will baptize in every area He goes to. But it depends on us, His hands.  It can be a bit hard to take that you will never "have success" on your mission, because it's all His success, but I'm more happy and proud of who I am becoming.

We had an amazing day a few days back. We went to visit a potential investigator but she wasn't there. So by the direction of our mission president’s wife Sister Palmer, we tracted around the house. We found two potentials and then when we were walking back to our car the first potential investigator showed up and we taught her and her kids about prophets and set up a return appointment.

Then last night we visited that lady's neighbor who we tracted and he gave us a feed and we taught him as well! None of it would have happened if we hadn't looked for a reason for being in the neighborhood. If something doesn't work there is another reason you are there.

I hope you are "all alive and well".

Love yous!

Elder Weiss

No comments:

Post a Comment