Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Spanish Panic Attack

From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Date: April 20, 2015 at 8:18:08 PM MDT
To: Cyndy Weiss <cyndyweiss@gmail.com>

Dear family,

As it was once so succinctly stated by a young boy recounting his own
"Kid History"... "TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!! This last transfer felt about
two weeks long. These next two will be even faster.

My sons are back
in the Spanish ward! and my grandson and great-grandson are in the
zone in a different ward. It seems as though I will depart this
mission life with my family around me. If my mission was a lifetime
I'd be 88. Hey man!!! What's going on here!! 

This past week we
brought our relief society president to our lesson with Ally. It was
amazing because they both attended the same churches but at different
times and both studied with the Jehovah's Witnesses. Her experiences
were just perfect for our investigator and we had no clue.

I feel like
missionary letters are always the same... That's kind of why I stopped
reading my siblings... I don't really know how to spice things up for
you. It just feels like a censored version of my journal... Well I'll
keeping saying something for those that want to read something.

Sounds
like my trainer is going to come visit us when I come home... and then
I'm gonna go visit Colombia to improve my Spanish at some point. Last
night my head didn't stop thinking in Spanish. It was Elder Jones and
Elder Edmondson's first day back in the ward yesterday. They came over
for language study last night before planning and we spoke "puro
espanol" while I made them pupusas. I'm becoming the Pupusa Master.

Last week we went to "Tierras Latinas" The Spanish store in Fairfield
and bought some Masa and Alfejores. The masa was six bucks! UBER
Cheap. but I need to buy more than $10 to use my card. So I  asked for
some Alfejores (by the way this speaking is all in Spanish).  He slapped down on
the counter and I asked him how much. He said 10 bucks which was
ridiculous for a six pack but I may or may not have had a Spanish
panic attack and just bought them anyway but the worst part was that I
gave him a $20 note and forgot to pay with the card which was the
reason I got the dang things in the first place... #spanishstruggles.

I think Mothers Day is this transfer... When is that? Thanks mum for
editing this all and splitting up the paragraphs.

Love you all! OFA ATU MAKU WHANAU. ADIOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment