Monday, January 27, 2014

Walking=Finding in Dubbo

From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Date: January 26, 2014 at 1:31:32 PM MST


A Miracle for this week is that we have reached our total lessons goal for the week. We are finding people by the way. The car kills missionary work. Although I thought I was going to die walking so much, it's the only way to find people to teach in Dubbo.

One experience that I had is we saw a lady getting her mail across the street and she saw us and hesitated so we walked towards her and she stood and waited for us. She was a typical "I don't think you can help me. I don't believe in God" Aussie. She said there is no evidence to show there is a God. And I asked her, "If I told you I had evidence that God exists, would you be willing to examine it?" She said yes and we told her about the Book of Mormon. As we testified of this evidence that God lives and he loves us I felt the spirit so strong it made my eyes water a little bit. Oh how bad I would like her to know what I know and to see what I see. In the end she accepted a Book of Mormon but not a return appointment, although, I hope she felt something.

In my studies and through that experience I think what I'm learning about feeling the spirit is that it's easy to do if you have love for someone and want the best for them. I think the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven. And these powers can only be controlled and handled based upon love. I feel as if God is softening my heart and making me love these people. Some people we meet are pretty hostile and just yesterday a lady told us, "You'll find most people here won't like what you're saying." And I said to her, "Well we know it's true and we have a job to do, so we'll keeping going." What I should have said, "I know, but we love yous so much that it's worth it!”.

The Lord is changing me. I can feel inside. It's uncomfortable, but I know it will be like that until I can be like him. Better get comfortable with being uncomfortable I guess.

This week I read about how much respect Nephi has for his little brother Jacob. Nephi was the younger brother being the example to his older brothers all the time and when he needed  to learn from his little brother he did that as well. Shows me such an example of humble discipleship. It was impressive how he says, "Isaiah saw the Savior, and I've seen him too, and my little brother as well." What would I give to know him? But week by week I feel I know him better.

I read Luke Chapter 12 for my language study and I just felt he was talking to me. I felt His love encompass me. I know Jesus Christ is real. I have so little experience in this life but I know that one thing.

Will is home. Those pictures are crazy. Brothers Unite! 2015 Coming to an Airport near you!

Love you heaps!

Elder Weiss

No comments:

Post a Comment