Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Transfer to DUBBO-Orange Zone-"The Bush"

Picture at this park on the Parramatta River before I got exiled! haha
From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Date: January 13, 2014 at 5:26:08 PM MST


Miracle for the week! Transferred to Dubbo! Last thing I expected. Dubbo is a 5 to 6 hour drive from the mission office. We are close to 3 hours away from any other missionaries. Haha The missionaries in my old flat joked that I would get banished to Orange zone because it was the only place in the mission I didn't want to go. It has a rep for going really slow because there aren't many people and it's so far away from civilization. Orange is like 3-4 hours away from Sydney way out in the bush. And then if you keep driving for a few more hours deeper into the bush you get Dubbo. Last Sunday they had 9 people at church! haha. If God played in the MLB nobody would be able to hit his curveball. I'm really excited though.

My companion Elder Janes is the man. I'm excited to work with him out here in the bush. We are the same person I swear! We both love sports and have small feet and hands and we're short. It's like working with a twin or something. We are gonna turn Dubbo upside down.

I will deeply miss the spanish ward but I know that the Lord has a plan for me and he knew about all of this long before it happened. I really, really, really hope that one day before my mission ends I can go back home to the Spanish ward. I've seen how the Lord turned the Spanish ward around and I know he can do the same thing here in Dubbo. Unfortunately I don't get to see the Spanish Ward's baptism this coming saturday but I'll be back one day.

From reading the "Remember This" section in Preach My Gospel I learned that the basics apply everywhere. Doesn't matter if it's an English ward, Samoan Ward, or the Dubbo branch it's all the same. If it was any different the Lord would have a Preach My Gospel made for the Dubbo area. I really have loved the point to "Ask everyone for referrals". The last week in the spanish ward we got heaps of referrals from non-members and especially in the spanish ward, one leads to another which leads to another and so on.

I'm really looking forward to this transfer here in Dubbo. Somebody told me, "Elder Weiss, you wouldn't have been called to Australia spanish speaking if there weren't people that speaks spanish that are waiting to hear the truth." I know if there weren't people prepared God wouldn't have us here.

Picture at this park on the Parramatta River before I got exiled! haha

Love you all!

P.S.
I swear Will's mission took for flipping ever but mine is going at like super speed. I'm so sad to see him go home but I know he left a legacy of righteousness over in the Chili Straw.

No comments:

Post a Comment