Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Blasts from Pasts and New Adventures #elderedmondson #elderjones

The Legend of Jones

Next level of street contacting.

We are as the Armies of Helaman
From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Date: June 8, 2015 at 9:36:39 PM MDT


Dear Fambamstantran,
I asked President, "If me and my companion say we hate each other
does that mean we won't get transferred?" I'm not looking for to
transfers I'll let you know. It's not really bitter sweet going
home... just bitter. There are constant reminders that I'm not
permanent... I imagine like aches and pains remind old people that
they are going to die... and that they aren't permanent here and there
is something greater in the hereafter. It's just one thing at a time.
First we live life and then we die. So i'm just trying to get used to
life feeling like an old person.

We took a massive El Libro de Mormon
to Fairfield to GQ. Pretty hectic. Good responses from the Assyrian
community because it was a bad day for find South Americans. While we
were there I had a blast from the past. At the beginning of my mission
Elder Edmondson and I were walking one day in the urban jungle of
Liverpool when we met a Persian lady named Amina. She identified us as
Americans and wanted to tell us how much better our country was that
Australia. I always take compliments, but it was quite surprising to
the custom feelings of the average demographic.

We told her a bit
about what we did and she accepted to let us go to her house later
that week to teach her more. The day of the appointment she called and
said it wouldn't be a good idea as her husband was a devoute muslim
and he would be angry if we came. And so it went. But almost two years
of nik' minuts later Elder Jones and I are walking through the train
station with our grande El Libro de Mormon and who do we meet? AMINA!

We got her address and set a return appointment. Turned out she lives
on the same street as a member we know. Turned out she knew the member
and she lives three houses down. Turned out we won't be the first
missionaries to teach her. # Noeffortiswasted. You always wonder about
the people that don't pan out... well they do. She has been divorced
for some time now and is in a much better place to listen to our
message of hope.

We also will be interviewed for the radio this
week.#turnuprage #I<3eldermills We took them a thank you card for the
announcement that we paid them to do and they said they'd interview us
for free. BINGO. Pays to be courteous.

Hope things are good back a HQ,

Elder Weiss

No comments:

Post a Comment