Sunday, November 23, 2014

Things always work out in the end. If it's not OK then it's not the end!

From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Date: November 23, 2014 at 7:10:30 PM MST


Dear Family,
BATHURST OR BUST! Haha I would love to serve there again! I'm so keen
to walk around the streets of Bathurst for days building a teaching
pool! And it'd be a great place to train a new missionary! Whatever
the Lord's plan is I'm cool with it.

I think having four missionaries in Branches is a much more positive place to be than around
disobedient missionaries. I loved my time in the Orange Zone because I
learned to love the work more than members and more than missionaries.
I learned to put God in front of myself and just go to work.

This week we tried hard to find three new investigators but fell short again
with just two. Some new investigators are dodgey and to be honest just
a bit better than not ready at all but slowly we are gaining a (teaching) pool.

Sunday morning we frantically were looking for a member to come with
us to an appointment at 10am. We finally found a recent convert and
had a great lesson with a man named Cory. He doesn't believe in God
but he wanted to experience church and be around positive people
without us asking he said, "I don't think I can come today because I'm
watching the kids but next week I want to come to church." Next Sunday??
The one the area fasted for? The special Sunday? It's PERFECT!

We also had a less active that we found the first week of the transfer
come to church finally. And he came with his non-member partner who we
are teaching. She seemed really uneasy at the start of Sacrament Mtg.
but lucky for us it was the Primary Presentation that day so her frown
got turned upside down! The members smothered her in love! She made
some great friends and they said they are coming next week also.

Today we are going to have a turkey bowl with the less active and his
partner's brothers. Huzzah! Things always work out in the end. If it's
not ok then it's not the end!

Elder Weiss

PS Love you Heaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment