Sunday, July 20, 2014

With hesitation comes less inspiration...


From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Date: July 20, 2014 at 9:10:30 PM MDT


Sorry family. I lost track of time. I procrastinated writing this letter because Neal A Maxwell and The Lectures on Faith were too interesting... and over my head. But this week has been tough. I have a hard time adjusting to new companions. It's been three weeks but I'm still working at it. I think I'm getting better at dealing with change.
Three more weeks in this area and then I think I'm most likely gone.

Yesterday I gave a talk on planting seeds. It seems I'm pretty good at that. Last night I found out that the Spanish ward is baptizing another investigator I taught! I don't understand how they are doing it but they are baptizing heaps! I would put a bet on our little branch to baptize more but somehow they do it.

It's been kind of exhausting this past week. With a new companion comes a new approach to the work her in Bathurst. I've been here five weeks and I'm still beating my head against the wall it seems like. I guess things just don't happen as quickly as I would like them to. But good things are happening. It seems like we peaked three weeks ago and now we've dropped down again. Progress feels good. It doesn't matter where you are as long as you feel like there is progress you can stay positive. I feel like we've digressed but it's all a learning experience.

Deb shared this quote by Elder Maxwell with me. He said that, "With hesitation, comes less inspiration." I'm going to really try to live that this week. We'll see where it takes me. You all sound like you are doing well. Deb, you'll need to share your insights about finding a spouse with the rest of the family especially the single ones. ALL THE SINGLE LADIES all the single ladies ALL THE SINGLE LADIES all the single ladies. If you like him then he'd better makes some three pointers oh oh ohh!

Love yous heaps.

Elder Weiss VI

No comments:

Post a Comment