Monday, July 14, 2014

The name of the game in eternal life is serving others

From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Date: July 13, 2014 at 8:52:21 PM MDT

Hola mi familia!

Well this week seemed really normal. Which isn't normal. Nothing really exciting happened... actually I think it's probably because I didn't write in my journal that I can't remember what happened.

Last P-day we went to rugby training and it was soo fun! My legs were stuffed after but I recovered.

On Saturday our members son had a Rugby League game. We went and watch'd him. It looked like so much fun. On Wednesday we had another Movie night at Elder and Sister Hills house. They are our senior couple.We are soo lucky to have them. We had a good turn out and our investigators/ recent convert brought their friends! There is one in particular that we think would want to learn more. So we'll see how that goes.

Friday we trained our zone on finding new investigators. We learned that because finding is difficult in these country towns we need to be sharper. We always need to be looking for the Lord's referrals. In Dubbo we used to walk so much so that we could talk to more people. Here in Bathurst we use the car so much I've lost me edge a little bit. Every cashier is a potential investigator. Sometimes we switch off especially on P-day and stop finding. We get so caught up in us.

A less active members said told us we should be able to brake the rules on P-day because that's "our" day. We told her "it's the Lord's day". This is what I've realized. Any time is the Lords time, especially as a missionary. I'm not here to do my own will but the will of him that sent me. It's hard maintaining an eye single to his glory. I wish I could do a better job of it.

Yesterday we taught the Young men about missions. We read Moses 1:39 (Thanks mom) and we talked about how the name of the game for God is his children. And it's the same for us. The name of the game in eternal life is serving others. There's no time to waste because that's the best thing we can be doing. When we are so anxiously engaged in helping others, being mediocre in our obedience just slows us down.

Today I saw pictures of when I entered the MTC. That was over a year ago. There is no time for wasting. I hope I can capitalize on the time I have. Fun cannot bring joy. Although it can come to the party.

Love yous heaps,

Elder Weiss

PS Where are the pictures? I'm sitting here with nothing to do folks! Help me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment