Monday, November 4, 2013

WOW-the answer is "UNLIMITED"!

From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Date: November 3, 2013 11:52:01 PM MST


"Wow!"   That's how I feel every time I reflect on my mission. Man!

So we split our teaching pool which is like cutting peas and now we have three investigators and one is dodgy. Finding is hard as! But if I can figure it out in this area the others will be a piece of cake!

I have felt very lost in the last few weeks. Like I was in limbo... but the Lord is slowly pulling us out and I'm excited for things to come. There have been times when I'm just like, "What am I doing???" We watched an section from the district 2 about our missionary purpose with the Robles family. It made me think to myself, "How much rejection is worth one of those families?" The answer is unlimited. So it makes me want to be more brave and do more street contacting and just put myself out there and let the Lord take care of me.

Scary that it's already November! Things are just heating up down here.

We moved to a city called Parramatta. Its the second biggest city in NSW. Second only to Sydney itself. It's soo pretty! It reminds me of Portland! So many trees! The problem is that it's heaps away from our main proselyting area. It's kind of a commute every day but there are some members of other wards that speak Spanish so I think it's not a coincidence that we are living there. There is a reason we are in Parramatta. We met one of these said members and he is setting up a Noche De Hogar with us on Friday so things are looking up!

Love you heaps! Watch rugby league! Go EELS!! (They are from Parramatta!)

Elder Weiss VI
=====
Info below from editor of this blog:
Parramatta, founded in the same year as Sydney by the British in 1788, is the oldest inland European settlement in Australia, the economic capital of Greater Western Sydney and the sixth largest central business district in Australia.[12]

According to the 2011 census conducted by the Australian Bureau of Statistics, Parramatta had a population of 19,745 with the average age 30, compared to a national average of 37. Place of birth of 57.6% of residents was overseas, including 14.1% from India and 12.8% from China. Apart from English, the most common languages spoken were Mandarin (11%), Cantonese (6.5%), Arabic (5.5%), Hindi (5.1%) and Gujarati (3.2%). The religious affiliation responses were Catholic (21.3%), no religion (18.3%), Hinduism (13.3%), Anglican (7.4%) and Islam (6.8%).[1]

The majority of dwellings in Parramatta were apartments (72%), compared to a national average of 14%, and 58% of all dwellings were rented compared to a national average of 27%. The average rent in Parramatta was $230 per week, slightly higher than the national average of $190, but then the average weekly wage of $482 was also slightly higher than average ($466).[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment