Monday, November 11, 2013

Patience

From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Date: November 10, 2013 at 10:55:02 PM MST

Patience. Man I've got to learn heaps of it. Patience with myself, my comp, Gods timing, pretty much everything. Sometimes it's hard to see what's next but you just have to get used to walking in the dark.

We taught a total of two lessons this week but we got two of our investigators to church which is pretty hectic! He is already telling his friends that he is "becoming a mormon." He is so amazing. He was in the war back in El Salvador and has seen things I can't even imagine seeing. I have already seen how the gospel is changing his life. He is much happier and at peace.

The other Elders had their investigator at church as well so we had three investigators in sacrament meeting in the Spanish ward and three less active families that we've been working with came as well. It was the biggest number in Sacrament mtg that I've seen since I got here. So although we only have three investigators it's not about quantity it's about quality. They are ready to follow Jesus Christ's example.

One thing I do miss about the states is clothes... specifically on women. Cats, it's bad here. People dress just like the posters and that's not good. It's all good though I'll be stronger mentally for having to control my thoughts all day long.

Not sure what else to say.. Oh yeah. District meeting on Friday I trained the district on using the members. I didn't have much time to prepare but I put a few thoughts down and pulled a play out of Dads play book! North Pacific Rail Road. We just had a big discussion and received heaps of revelation one from another. It's so fun to guide a discussion and just wait and watch what they think of next. It's really interesting.

Love you all! Stay safe stay strong!

Elder Weiss VI

No comments:

Post a Comment