Sunday, November 17, 2013

"I was the only one on my page"

From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Date: November 17, 2013 at 9:22:36 PM MST

Hello family. Gee, Louise!! Jimmany Cricket! I must learn patience. I love you all and stuff but it doesn't take me an hour to email yous and president. In this genre I guess I'm really weird and it kind of bugs me. I don't understand why people want to take so much flipping time to email! I'd rather get 'er done and go outside to play touch rugby in the rain.

I'm learning that I am very hard on other people. haha I thought I was the chill guy that everyone liked. Nope! I'm learning that I voice my opinions and call people out expecting them to do the same back but they don't and then it comes off as domineering... So that's gotta change.

Also, I am very bad at communicating plans with people. Haha, like today I thought it was set in stone what we were going to do and then an hour ago I find out I was the only one on my page. So always room for improvement.

I just wish I could feel like a good missionary. Like the Zone Leaders. When I go on trade offs with them, I see them and think, "WOW! I want to be like that." So I step my game up and they rub off on me. And then with my companion it starts disappearing. Sometimes I just feel like I'm no good at this. But I know that it's because how few people we have to teach. It's so stupid though. We have two progressing investigators and I should be content. I feel like grateful only when things are good and I need to learn to be grateful all of the time. It truly is a key to being happy.

This weekend was pretty nerve racking. Our progressing investigators told us they weren't sure they wanted to keep learning so we committed them to read and pray and then prayed and worried our heads off. The next day we realized we didn't leave them a specific section so we called back and gave them the section and she told us they decided they would stay. It's a man and his daughter and he seems like he doesn't want to do this unless his daughter does. He loves everything about our church but I doesn't want this to be something he has to drag her to.

Then we answered some of her questions about the plan of salvation and then hung up and started high fiving and yelling! haha it's such a roller coaster! You never know whats gonna come next. We talked to the man yesterday to see if he was reading and he told us he really appreciated that we answered his daughters questions and was excited to see us. So here we come tonight. I hope that the Lord Guides us so we can help these wonderful people!

ALMOST TIME FOR RUGBY IN THE RAIN!!!
Love you heaps!
Elder Weiss VI

No comments:

Post a Comment