Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ward Involvement-Excited for next 20 months!

From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Date: October 15, 2013 12:47:27 AM MDT


Man, life is good. We are so blessed. This week we had our third ward splits night in a row. The ward is getting more involved and it bodes well for the Spanish ward's desire to grow. Elder Edmondson went on splits with a man from our ward to contact a referral that he gave us. He taught the restoration and he said it went pretty well. Teaching a good lesson with a member present was a good step forward by itself but then yesterday we all went to teach him. He has a sincere desire to change. He was sent here from prison in El Salvador and has done some really bad things but he is sincere about wanting to change. I won't lie I was having a hard time focusing in as much as I could on the work but as I walked out of that lesson I was reminded of why I want to be out here.

Today in the temple I reflected on all the miracles I've seen on my mission and the things I've learned in the last four months. We are blessed to be a part of this work for sure. I've realized that I'm really, really good at being rude too... jk (just kidding), but (I do) like joking around and stuff.  For some reason my sense of humor is at the slight expense of something. I need to have a more uplifting sense of humor.

Transfers are coming up this week. The only thing constant is change, so we'll see how things shake out with 45 new missionaries to train. I think Elder Jones is going to train and I'll keep Elder Edmondson but they are both just as ready as I was to train if not more so.

I've learned so much in the last four months I'm so excited for the next 20!

I'm working on my aussie accent. I just need a specific person to imitate and I can do alright. What I thought an aussie accent was, is actually a Kiwi accent. Ali taught me good! I love New Zealanders! They are sweet as! Straight Nephites if you hadn't heard! Pretty hectic. Not sure what else to write about...

Hope yous are good!

Love, Elder Weiss VI

PS Mom knows so many scriptures it's unreal. I wish I had her scripture bank of memory! Someday I will know the scriptures like her!

No comments:

Post a Comment