Tuesday, October 8, 2013

If we don't repent, we will be sad...




From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Date: October 7, 2013 11:28:58 PM MDT


Wow heaps of letters this week! Thank you all for your love and support!

This week we found a new investigator from New Zealand who lives a few houses down from us! We were doing a role play walking around our yard (I was trying to be a difficult contact for my comp) and I saw these two guys and I thought in my head, "Elder, why'd you walk into the front yard!? Now we have to talk to these guys!" So we stopped the role plays and walked up to them and talked. We had a hard time finally catching him at home but he gave us 15 minutes and we got him to pray and he really wants to learn more! SO HECTIC!

We also found out our eternal investigator Juan is a drunk. Elder Jones went with Bishop and they had a heart to heart with Elsa, his wife, and she told them he's literally always drunk. 1 Liter a day before noon. He hides it really well but he's a drunk! HECTIC!! That's been the problem for the last ten years he's been investigating. Hopefully we he will have a desire to change and he can finally commit to be baptized and follow Jesus Christ. It's good to know what we are dealing with.

Man, being a trainer can be a joke sometimes. There are so many questions I don't have the answer to. We are struggling each day but we are continually becoming more and more effective. Next week we get to go the temple again! So excited.

My revelation for this week is that as long as we are repenting and seeing the atonement in our lives we will be happy. If we don't repent we will be sad. I do things I need to repent enough that there isn't a prayer I say that I shouldn't ask for forgiveness and help.

This Spanish Ward can be overwhelming at times. We should be getting 2 companionships soon an I'm not sure what another companionship is going to do. We need to build up our teaching pool but I know that with the Lord's help our ward can start baptizing again. We had 5 "Less actives" at church this past Sunday! That was a miracle. Our bishop is so motivated and he would give anything to help the Lord help this ward. I'm praying all three of us stay here after transfers. I don't want to leave. I want to get to the top of this mountain so bad but it's "His will not mine". I really can't do anything about it.

I love you all! Ofatu! Fa!

Elder Weiss VI

I pray for your safety and success every day!







No comments:

Post a Comment