Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Suprising Twists and Turns

From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Subject: Suprising twists and turns.
Date: March 9, 2015 at 9:32:42 PM MDT


"The first shall be last and the last shall be first." I'm dying
exactly where I was born. Back to El Barrio de Espanol. PW2!

I really wanted to end my mission in a branch in the bush. I volunteered to go
to the most remote area and I thought I had it in the bag but that
wasn't the plan for me. But on the bright side at the rate the Spanish
ward is dropping I'll be serving in a branch before the end of my
mission.

Sounds like there is not too much alofa (love) for the Spanish ward
right now. Six months ago there were three companionships
and now it's back to one. So pretty much identical to how I started my
mission.

Spanish is quite a challenge. Every day I'm learning how to
teach better in English and now trying to do that in Spanish should be
pretty tricky.

The great thing is that Ofa Amone is the high councilor
over the Spanish ward. He along with Brett Baker have had the biggest
impact on my mission. I'm excited to be working along side him again
but this time on the word level. We are meeting up with him tonight to
make the plan to save the Spanish ward!

About a year ago I wrote a really dramatic email about
how it was the last stand for the Spanish
ward and it was do or die. Well they did... but now it's still
dying... quite perplexing. I think they had 9 baptisms last year
compared to 0 in the previous 2 years but I guess ritual washing are
no good unless they clean us on the inside to eh?

Got to go to the temple today for the first time in 11 months! My mind
was opened and I began to understand. Symbolism has many layers and I
don't think anything typifies that better than the temple.

Too be honest I was pretty gutted to be transfered and released as Zone
Leader. When you are constantly thinking on how you can help other
people and it's a reocurring train of thought and then someone tells
you that it's no longer your train... it feels a bit empty... but
empty space always gets filled.

Yesterday we began re-teaching the first investigator I ever taught on
my mission. We just asked questions and let the spirit guide her to
her own answer. After about 20 min she asked us a Golden question and
she got the Golden answer. We have a return appointment for next week.
I've thought about this lady ever since I left the Spanish ward and
I'm so pleased to be able to teach her again.

I have a hard time letting go of people. Not everyone, but there are
some people that I worry about constantly. People I subconciously pray
for all the time. Ally is one of them. I left a lot of people like
that in Belconnen. It broke my heart to leave... I don't know what's
going to happen to me in four months when my entire life gets
gutted... Not looking forward to it...

Love you! Elder Weiss

No comments:

Post a Comment