Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Planting Seeds in the Lord's Vineyard

From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Date: January 4, 2015 at 6:53:16 PM MST


We had a great week. Last Sunday we resolved that we would fast for
new investigators because our teaching pool was a puddle and and we
had be bageled for new investigators for two weeks straight.

We fasted
and went finding every day to plant seeds in the Lords vineyard. As a
result we found five new investigators. Dylan, Dean, Gari, Siri, and
Saram. Thursday night we were visiting a recent convert with one of
our members when the recent convert's housemate just came and sat
down. We taught about baptisms for the dead and invited the recent
convert to go to the temple with Brother Baker our ward mission
leader. He was a bit iffy but his housemate said to him, "Raymond you
should go! If I were you and had the chance I'd go." The member,
Julius, is a recent RM. He said "Dean have you ever known someone that
died without baptism? What do you believe happens to them?" He fumble
for words for a while and said assertively, "I believe in the baptisms
for the dead. Yeah that makes a lot of sense!"

Siri and Saram are neighbors down the road. They are sent here by the
Cambodian government so Siri the husband can study. They have 2 kids
still back in Cambodia. They are also here for two years. They grew up
Buddahists but now aren't very strong in their religion. We taught them
that God is their loving father and that because of Jesus Christ those
filthy feelings of guilt that we get can be washed away so we don't
have to feel them any more. Siri started tearing up as we taught. He
felt something.

I realized this week that I don't mind it when people slam the doors
in my face anymore. If they aren't ready then I'm off to find someone
that is. I used to try to talk them out of being atheist or talk them
into being interested but it doesn't work.

The Lord prepares the
hearts and I'm just there to check and see if they are ready yet. I
wish I could go serve in Bathurst again or in a branch somewhere so
that I could do heaps of tracting with my new and improved attitude
for it.

6 months left... Never been a better time to be a missionary! Ride
like the wind bulllseye!!

Ofatu, Elder Weiss

No comments:

Post a Comment