Monday, August 25, 2014

Look to the Man With the Keys

From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Date: August 25, 2014 at 10:28:13 PM MDT


Dear Family Above,

It is great to be back with my trainer. He has helped me so much to open my mouth. He's also helping me with my Spanish and I help him with his English. He wants to do international business when he finishes. When he goes back to Columbia he'll try to get to the states asap to study at BYU provo. If he gets to Utah before me you'll have to have an FHE with him. He really wants to talk to Dad about business stuff and pick his brain.

Well, things have become very stressful lately. Being a leader in the city is a whole different ball game compared to the bush. The bush it's more about helping the missionaries find solutions to problems in missionary work. Here there is much more drama to deal with. I heard there would be problems but it all hit at once this weekend. We are working it out and I'm learning a lot from it.

Sometimes because of my natural man I get angry when missionaries are disobedient and show that they don't care. I pit myself mentally against them. I put them on the "other" side of the fence. But the Savior isn't angry, He cries for them. I want to learn to react with compassion and not frustration. God is the perfect leader. The most important thing we can know about God is that He loves us. I need to learn to copy that. Through working through things with missionaries we have grown closer for those who choose to be humble. It's an amazing bond.

On Sunday we did some rescue visits with the high council. As we were driving out the member we were with pulled up next to the Stake President and asked him where we should go. A lot like Nephi asking Lehi where to go. He gave us two names. The first one had just split up with her partner and made a goal to come back. The second is a prospective Elder who will hopefully come back also and receive the Priesthood. It was clear to see both were inspired visits. I learned to look to the man with the keys!!

I love you all! Stay happy and safe!

Elder Weiss

No comments:

Post a Comment