Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Teach-Testify-Invite and Feed the Missionaries!

From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Date: September 23, 2013 1:23:30 AM MDT


Man! What a week. Went and picked up my new companion on Wednesday. His name is Elder Edmondsen from Payson. He reminds me of Ben and Elder Jones Reminds me of William.

BTW, Ben, congrats on the baby. (Ben Weiss had a new daughter born Sunday night.)  May she grow up and play for the US Women's soccer team.

Anyhow it's been a real trial of my faith this past week. Things have been hectic. We were contacting on the street in downtown Fairfield talking to this guy from Spain when I saw a guy across the street yelling and swearing and I just figured he was drunk. Then I saw him kicking something and I saw feet go up in the air. I turned and sprinted accross the street to stop him as he was hitting this lady in the face. I and two other guys got there and one of the others yelled at him and told him to stop. He backed off when he saw we were all there and then she walked away but he kept following her. We followed them until we came past the police station and got some police to go after them. They are slow as!!! and always go in threes! That's only for weaklings and lesser whimps and the guy got away!

I was pretty upset. Later that night I couldn't think about missionary work. I've never been up close with something like that. I was a little traumatized and I just got down on my knees and pleaded with the Lord to give me a desire to continue. He blessed me with a feeling of confidence and peace and a desire to continue. They say that there is no strength in numbers, that it's a myth. That when somebody is in peril they say everyone will stand by and wait for someone else to do something. I've always been afraid I would be the one waiting around. I'm glad I wasn't and I'm glad that two others were right there with me. People are good. Society is rough. People are still good.

I've grown so much in these last three months. I hope you can't even recognize who I am when I get home. I hope I'm not the same person I was when I left. I'm grateful for the oportunity to turn outwards and serve and how the Lord is changing me and strengthening me.

TEACH-TESTIFY-INVITE! Everyone can do it! Mom and Dad! FEED THE MISSIONARIES! And give them a referral. A bad referral is better than none at all! You will always miss the shots you don't take! This is the work of salvation. You can't sit around to be saved. You need to do missionary work. If you don't want to, you need to revaluate your life because you are either coming closer to Christ or you're not becoming converted!

I love all of you!

Elder Weiss VI

No comments:

Post a Comment