Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Miracle in the Spanish Ward

From: Joseph Weiss <joseph.weiss@myldsmail.net>
Date: December 8, 2013 at 5:20:04 PM MST

This week I realized that there are specific requirements to meet in order or an action to qualify as a key indicator. Sometimes when you make a contact and teach a small lesson but contact isn't sure when you can come by and so you give up and say "we'll call" then it doesn't add to the New Investigator’s indicator. Afterwards you think, “Man, all we had to do is ask him to think for a little longer and we would've had a return appointment.”

It's kind of silly sometimes when we think that a specific date is such a big deal when all it is, is a date. But when we realize that setting dates a teaching lessons is fulfilling our purpose and is what Jesus Christ would do as a missionary, it makes us happy when we do them. That's what key indicators are. Key Indicators help us indicate whether we are doing the Lord's work in His way. Far from just a check list.

This past Sunday our new investigator came to church. We had a date set for the 28th of December but our bishop interviewed him and together they set the goal to be ready by the 22nd. So we should have a Christmas Miracle in the Spanish ward. David is great! He has such pure desires. On Friday we had a Family Home Evening with him and members of our ward. They embraced him. I've seen the closest investigators I've had to baptism have been the ones that the ward has been the most involved in.

It sounds like we are just trying to manipulate him into joining the church sometimes with trying to get members involved but I thought about it and I realized that Christ's love is showed through us. The way David can feel Jesus Christ love the strongest is by feeling the love from members of Christ's Church. That is way working with members is effective. Not because we manipulate them but because they can feel Christ's love from them which is a fruit of the spirit. And the spirit teaches them all things that they should do.

I know this church is true. The evidence I have seen is undeniable. God loves His children and He wants them back. I have seen His hand reaching out so clearly I cannot mistake it.

This morning during companion study kind of as a joke we took video of ourselves doing role plays and then when back and got the super slow motion replay! haha We are revolutionizing the Mission! Just wait till we get iPad mini's!!! Member presents in the car!!!

Por favor, pick when you want to do the phone call so I can set up where I'm going to go to Skype yous! Mom the questions you sent me are really good!

(Mom note:  Here are the questions I found in a Deseret News article.
What is the grossest thing you have eaten?
What do you make for lunch every day?
Tell us about a family you are working with?
What is your favorite p-day you have had?
What do you love most about your companion?
What is the best advice you have received from your Mission President?)

If you could maybe submit some questions to me and I can think about them and make a plan for what I'm going to say. President asked us to plan it out before time so we utilize the hour we have. So send some questions my way because I'm not sure what to talk about.

Love You all very very much! I hope you can recognize me on the camera. About two months ago I hit my peak weight at like 87kgs which is PHAT! (191 lbs).  I've dropped down to 82ish (181 lbs.) so that's really good but I'm still fatter than when I left. I looked at a picture from two months ago… Whoa, I was CHUBBY!!! But now I eat less and save time!!

Today in studies I learned that the principles in the addiction recovery part of the Word of Wisdom pamphlet and also the Law Chastity pamphlet apply to losing weight as well. Haha, I'm going to become very disciplined. Well that's the plan!

Talk to you later,

Elder Weiss VI

No comments:

Post a Comment